Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Favorite Eyeliners

For anyone who is looking to try a new eyeliner or looking for a different one I made this post with some of my favorites.  I mainly only use black color eyeliners so everything featured is in that color.  But these brands all have different colors you can buy as well.  Enjoy! :)
M.A.C. Fluidline in Blacktrack

This is my favorite gel eyeliner and I have tried alot of them.  I find that the M.A.C. Fluidline is really creamy and therefore goes on really smoothly.  It's also my go to eyeliner if I'm planning on being out all day and night and need an eyeliner that is going to last throughout the day without reapplying.  I've tried drugstore brand gel liners that worked well but they dried out relatively fast compared to the Fluidline.  I've also tried other professional brand liners that in my opinion smudged easily and didn't go on as well.  Since M.A.C. is considered a professional brand the price is a bit more than you would pay for drugstore brand gel eyeliner but its a better product and it lasts a long time.  Plus when compared to other similar professional gel eyeliners I believe M.A.C. is on the lower price end (around $15). I use this product when I'm lining my upper lash line. I put a little bit on the outer half of my lower lash line for when I want a more dramatic or smokey effect.


L'Oreal Linear Intense Felt Tip Eyeliner in Black Mica

Hands down the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used is L'Oreal Linear Intense.  The one thing to remember is to make sure you are getting the one with the felt tip.  Liquid eyeliner is tricky to put on and it definitely takes a certain amount of practice before you can actually venture out of your house wearing it.  I have tried a bunch of different liquid eyeliners and I found that the easiest ones to use are the ones that you use like a pen or pencil.  It gives you more control of the tip so that you can draw a more precise line.  The felt tip also is very flexible making it easy to line up close to your eyelashes and bend enough as you draw your line.  The first time I ever got this liquid eyeliner I got the one with the felt tip and it was great.  L'Oreal also makes a Linear Intense with a brush tip.  I once made the mistake of buying that one by accident and it was the worst thing ever and a total waste of money.  I found the brush to be flimsy and it was impossible to make an even line.  I like this Linear Intense eyeliner more than other brands.  Also being that it is a drugstore brand the price is reasonable (around $8-9). I use this eyeliner when I am lining my upper lash line especially when I want to do a winged eyeliner look or cat eyes.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Zero

I have mentioned this same eyeliner in a previous post.  It remains one of my favorite pencil eyeliners ever because it is creamy and seriously glides on super easy.  It's probably one the more expensive side for just a pencil liner but I've mentioned before that you can usually get one or a mini one when you buy one of the UD eyeshadow palettes.  If you choose to buy it alone it is a bit pricey (around $18).  I use this to line my lower lash line. 


Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in Jet Black

If you want a good eye pencil that is not as much money than I also suggest trying out the Soft Kohl Kajal eye pencil from Rimmel which is available in most drugstores (around $3-4).


No comments:

Post a Comment