Friday, July 6, 2012

REVIEW: Salmon Concealer & Treatment by Eve Pearl

  

 <3
For the past 2 weeks I have been using a brand new concealer made by Eve Pearl.  It is called the Salmon Concealer & Treatment.  According to the Eve Pearl website, the concealer uses the pinky/peach or "salmon" color to neutralize the dark blue undertones that are found under your eye.  The concealer is also safe for sensitive skin because it has no harsh fragrance, parabens, or oil.  It is also cruelty free :)
Salmon Concealer with mirror compact in Medium
I have been looking for a good concealer for over a year ever since they discontinued my favorite drugstore concealer.  I have tried so many concealers this year like Maybelline, CoverGirl, Almay and L'Oreal.  No matter what I never had enough coverage and I could still see dark circles under my eyes.  I decided I needed to look into investing money for a better quality concealer.  I had tried the Salmon Concealer at an Eve Pearl booth during IMATS and loved it so much.  It had been sold out that day though.  I decided that if I was going to invest in a good concealer I would try this one first since I already knew how good it was. 
My dark under eye circles in various light



My under eye circles after using the Salmon concealer and a translucent powder
I am so happy with this concealer!  It leaves no trace of under eye darkness when applied correctly.  It is suggested you tap it on under your eye with the tip of your ring finger rather than rubbing it in.  This tapping method also allows you to build the coverage you need while blending the concealer into your skin for a seamless look.  The texture of the concealer is very creamy and almost feels like a moisturizer for your eyes.  After you put on the concealer you should make sure to set it with a translucent powder as shown in the picture above.


To sum it up:

Pros: Great coverage, safe for skin, 
Cons: Not readily available in stores, expensive
Would I repurchase? YES!!!

Check out the Eve Pearl website for more info on the concealer and also check out the rest of the makeup line!
http://www.evepearl.com/products/concealers-salmon/


No comments:

Post a Comment